Mr. Floyd Yoder is the founder and president of Survival Tactical Concepts Incorporated which was established in 2010 to provide personal safety and tactical training to the civilian, law enforcement, and military community.
Mr. Yoder retired as a Lieutenant Commander from the Hickory Police Department with 30 years of service with the last 26 years as a member of the Special Operations Team and is also a founding member of the team. He was the team commander for the last six years of his service. Other duties included:
- Watch Commander
- Edward Pact District Commander
- Supervisor of the Honor Guard
- Supervisor of the Firearms Training Unit
- Senior/lead staff instructor for:
- Defensive Tactics
- Rapid Deployment (Active Shooter)
- Physical Fitness
Mr. Yoder currently works with the North Carolina Department of Justice where he is assigned as a Training Manager at the North Carolina Justice Academy West Campus. Previously, he served as the training manager for the Investigations Center. Before his promotion to training manager, he was the Special Operations Coordinator and was responsible for the SWAT, Active Shooter, and Officer Survival curriculum and programs.
His other passion is in the martial arts where he has over 45 years of study in various martial arts including Taekwondo, Hapkido, Brazilian Ju-jitsu, Balintawak Arnis, and Krav Maga. Currently, he holds several high grandmaster/master rankings in various martial art styles. He is known for his ability to respect and honor the traditional arts while also evolving these techniques into modern application in order to face the constant changes in our society. In 2010, Mr. Yoder founded the Saeng Jeon Do martial art system that is comprised of functional-based techniques focusing on a strong mind-set in our everyday life. For further information, please visit the Sjdwayofsurvival.com website.
Mr. Yoder currently serves as the vice-president of the Rick Jesse Martial Arts organization and also serves as the president of the Tactical Combatives Division. He is instrumental in various assignments, duties, and responsibilities within the RJMA system.
Mr. Yoder has devoted his entire professional and personal life to delivering the most appropriate personal safety training to thousands of people and extremely proud of having the privilege opportunity to share experience, knowledge, and skills in order to assist people in their safety and personal/professional growth.
Anthony Stafford is the Vice President and Director of Training for Survival Tactical Concepts. Mr. Stafford has been an active law enforcement officer for over 24 years and is currently a Catawba County Deputy Lieutenant where he supervises the Investigations Division. He served on the S.T.A.R. (Special Tactics and Response) team for over ten years as a sniper and entry team member. Currently, he is a hostage/crisis negotiator with the Crisis Intervention Team. Also, he proudly served as member of the prestigious Honor Guard/Drill Team and competed in the annual Washington DC Police Week National Honor Guard Competition.
Sgt. Stafford is also an adjunct instructor with the North Carolina Justice Academy where he instructs in the Subject Control and Arrest Techniques Instructor Trainer program and Basic Hostage and Crisis Negotiations course. Recently, he was appointed as a member to the Subject Control Arrest Techniques Committee that is responsible for the development, revision, and implementation of the defensive tactics program to all of the officers within the State of North Carolina.
Some of his instructor certifications include:
• General Instructor
• Subject Control and Arrest Techniques
• Subject Control and Arrest Techniques for Detention Officers
• Officer Safety Readiness Training
• Carlson Gracie, Jr.: Basic and Advanced Ground Defense
• ASP baton and handcuffing
• Less Lethal (Chemical & Impact Munitions)
• National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Driving Instructor
Lt. Stafford has been consistently training in the martial arts for over 27 years while receiving several master rankings in various styles. He is passionate about training and focuses on the technical aspect of the material while utilizing functional-based techniques.
Lt. Stafford serves as the Chief Liasion Officer for the internationally recognized Rick Jessee Martial Arts organization that is comprised of four divisions. Also, he serves as the vice-president and senior instructor for the RJMA Tactical Combatives Division and primarily responsible for the research and development of training. Recently, he received the prestigious the RJMA Legion of Merit award for his exceptional service and contributions to the martial arts community.
Some of his martial art rankings and training include:
• 7th Dan Saeng Jeon Do
• 7th Dan Rick Jessee Martial Arts
• 6th Dan Chun Moo Kwan Hapkido
• 6th Dan Sung Jado
• 4th Dan Ching Sai Do
• Balintiwak – GM Bobby Taboada – Completion of the Art Level 6 Instructor
• Master rank membership- P.R.O.M.A.A.
• Iron Spirit Martial Arts Master Instructor
• Blue Belt – Mike Bentley Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
Mr. Bill McQuiston has over 30 years of combined experience in law enforcement and personal fitness training. He has spent the majority of his career teaching a vast number of law enforcement officers, including SWAT members, from both the police and correctional sectors. His goal and commitment is to deliver the best and most efficient functional training to his clients.
Some of his certifications include:
- North Carolina Training Standards General Instructor
- Subject Control and Arrest Techniques Instructor
- Carlson Gracie Basic and Advanced Ground Defense Instructor
- Spontaneous Protection Enabling Accelerated Response (SPEAR) Instructor
- OC Aerosol Projector Instructor
- Krav Maga Basic and Advanced Combatives
- Maga Weapon Retention and Firearm Takeaways Instructor
- Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior Master Instructor
- Controls, Restraint, and Defensive Techniques Instructor (CRDT)
- Blunt/Edged Weapon Defense Instructor
- Advanced Strikes, Motor Nerves, and Pressure Point Instructor
- Advanced Offender Control/Ground Defense Instructor
- Security Threat Groups Instructor
- Monadnock Straight Baton Instructor
- Wellness Instructor